Connecting volunteers to STEM events in Maryland AND AROUND THE WORLD.
There are many opportunities to volunteer for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) events in Maryland.
Learn more below.
Click on links below to find out more about these programs.
FIRST programs (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- FIRST Global - The 2019 FIRST Global Challenge took place October 24 - 27, 2019 in Dubai. Over 190 countries were represented.
> As of December 2019, the 2020 location has not been announced. Monitor the FIRST Global website for updates and how to apply to volunteer.
>If you are interested in remotely mentoring an international FIRST Global team, please visit: https://first.global/get-involved/gsc/
- Maryland FIRST LEGO League (ages 9-14) The 2019-2020 season has started! Visit page 4 on the Calendar of Events linked at the top of this webpage to see the list of all 20 events this season held during December, January & February.
- Maryland FIRST Tech Challenge (ages 14-18). The 2019-2020 season has started! Visit page 3 on the Calendar of Events linked at the top of this webpage to see the list of all 13 events this season held during December, January, February & March.
- FIRST Chesapeake - FIRST Robotics Competitions (ages 14-18) The 2020 events will start up again in March 2020. Visit page 2 on the Calendar of Events linked at the top of this webpage to see the 3 events held this season in Maryland.
- Maryland FIRST LEGO League Jr. (ages 6-10). Program ongoing. Visit page 5 on the Calendar of Events linked at the top of this webpage to see the growing list of Expos.
- Maryland Tech Invitational will take place June 20 & 21, 2020 at the JHU Applied Physics Lab in Laurel. 36 teams from around the world competed in this off-season competition last June. Interested in finding out more or volunteering for this amazing event? Information on how to volunteer will be posted in the spring of 2020.
Other STEM events
About Jenny Beatty: Jenny is a longtime supporter of a variety of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) programs in Maryland, as well as internationally. She is a specialist in Community & Volunteer Engagement and is available to do presentations to corporate and community organizations on volunteering opportunities for FIRST programs as well as on where to go for volunteer management training. This is how I work - an interview from 2014. Jenny can be reached at: jbeattySTEM@gmail.com