Connecting volunteers to STEM events in Maryland AND AROUND THE WORLD.
There are many opportunities to volunteer for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) events in Maryland.
Learn more below.
Click on links below to find out more about these programs.
FIRST programs (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- FIRST Global - The 2019 FIRST Global Challenge will take place October 24 - 27, 2019 in Dubai. Over 190 countries will be represented.
> As of August 30, 2019, volunteer recruitment has closed.
>If you are interested in remotely mentoring an international FIRST Global team, please visit: https://first.global/get-involved/gsc/ There are many teams who joined at the last minute and would welcome your help in September & October 2019.
- Maryland FIRST LEGO League (ages 9-14) The season has ended. The 2019-2020 season will start in the fall of 2019.
- Maryland FIRST Tech Challenge (ages 14-18). The 2019-2020 season will start in the fall of 2019.
- FIRST Chesapeake - FIRST Robotics Competitions (ages 14-18) The 2019 season has ended. The events will start up again in March 2020.
- Maryland FIRST LEGO League Jr. (ages 6-10). Program ongoing.
- Maryland Tech Invitational was held June 29-30, 2019 at the JHU Applied Physics Lab in Laurel. 36 teams from around the world competed in this off-season competition. Interested in finding out more or volunteering for this amazing event? The 2020 event will take place June 20 & 21, 2020. Information on how to volunteer will be posted in the spring of 2020.
Other STEM events
About Jenny Beatty: Jenny is a longtime supporter of a variety of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) programs in Maryland, as well as internationally. She is a specialist in Community & Volunteer Engagement and is available to do presentations to corporate and community organizations on volunteering opportunities for FIRST programs as well as on where to go for volunteer management training. This is how I work - an interview from 2014. Jenny can be reached at: jbeattySTEM@gmail.com