Connecting volunteers to STEM events in Maryland AND AROUND THE WORLD.
There are many opportunities to volunteer for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) events in Maryland.
Learn more below.
Click on links below to find out more about these programs.
FIRST programs (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- FIRST Global - The 2019 FIRST Global Challenge took place October 24 - 27, 2019 in Dubai. Over 190 countries were represented.
> Monitor the FIRST Global website for updates and how to apply to volunteer in 2020.
>If you are interested in remotely mentoring an international FIRST Global team, please visit: https://first.global/get-involved/gsc/
- Maryland FIRST LEGO League (ages 9-14) More information on events will be released in late summer 2020.
- Maryland FIRST Tech Challenge (ages 14-18). More information on events will be released in fall 2020.
- FIRST Chesapeake - FIRST Robotics Competitions (ages 14-18) More information on events will be released in fall 2020.
- Maryland FIRST LEGO League Explore. (ages 6-10). More information on Festivals will be released in fall 2020.
- Maryland Tech Invitational will took place virtually with 36 teams from around the world and 56 volunteers!
Other STEM events - Volunteers Needed
- Army Education Outreach Program
- Byte Back
- USA Science and Engineering Festival in DC
- Maryland Science Olympiad
- STEM Achievement in Baltimore Elementary Schools (SABES) - STEM Showcase
- Hopkins Robotics Cup
- Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab - list of external programs & competitions
- Baltimore Robotics Center
- VEX Robotics Competitions
About Jenny Beatty: Jenny is a longtime supporter of a variety of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) programs in Maryland, as well as internationally. She is a specialist in Community & Volunteer Engagement and is available to do presentations to corporate and community organizations on volunteering opportunities for FIRST programs as well as on where to go for volunteer management training. FIRST Chesapeake interview from March 2020. Jenny can be reached at: jbeattySTEM@gmail.com